- Direct Rail Transport
- Multimodal systems combine intermodal, rail, truck, and marine conveyances
- Speciality equipment to transport radioactive, hazardous, and industrial materials
- Overweight and oversize shipments
MHF Services has five permanent transload facilities and can quickly establish a temporary transload site, enabling us to offer a safe and secure method of transferring our customers’ bulk or packaged materials between truck, rail, and marine conveyance systems. This means that rail transport can be used for projects where the origin or destination is not rail serviced, allowing customers to benefit from improved safety, security, and cost efficiencies. All of our facilities are compliant with applicable regulations and are staffed by some of the most competent, experienced transportation managers in the business.
MHF Services is a leading provider of flexible and durable packaging products for a wide range of industrial and environmental applications. We work closely with our customers to understand their specific packaging requirements and recommend the best solutions for individual project requirements. As experts in transportation logistics, MHF combines our knowledge of packaging and transportation to offer the most cost-effective, safe, and compliant solutions. MHF-packaging systems are supplied under a stringent Quality Assurance Program and are compliant with applicable federal regulations.
The MHF team comprises the nation’s premiere group of waste transportation, logistics, packaging, and disposal management experts. Our personnel have extensive experience managing large volumes of waste from point of origin to disposal for DOE, USACE, and EPA—as well as commercial clients. MHF’s professional technical services are an integral part of the total MHF Services’ solution package. We can support projects with on-site, dedicated staff or logistics coordination, waste management services, and shipping documentation preparation.
MHF Services can assist our customers with determining the best method for dispositioning low-level radioactive waste (LLRW). MHF’s technical experts can evaluate all disposition options including bulk survey for release, volume reduction, decontamination for release, and direct disposal. In addition to evaluating disposition needs, MHF offers standard and custom-designed packaging options and complete transportation services to ensure our customers’ LLRW materials arrive safely at the selected disposition facility.
- Tractors equipped with Qualcomm® satellite communication and tracking devices
- Late-model or new tractors equipped with state-of-the- art safety, communications, and information technology
- Closed vans equipped with Etrac load locks
- Pan vans
- Sendum tracking systems on trailers
- Chassis trailers
- Flatbeds with ISO locks
- Flatbed, curtain, single drop, double drop, and cask trailers
- Open top
- Shielded van
- 65-ton multi-axle lowboy
- 5,200-gallon tanker
- 65-ton lowboys
- Other types of trailers can be leased for special projects
Permanent Transload Facilities
New Jersey, Massachusetts, Nevada, Arizona, Tennessee
- High-capacity railcars
- Low- and high-side gondolas
- Gondola hard lid system
- Articulated bulk container (ABC) railcars
Durable & Flexible Packaging
- Cargo containers in a variety of top- and end-loading and shielded configurations
- Railtop covers and liners
- Lift Liners™
- Surface-contaminated object wraps
- Type A/7A intermodal and cargo containers
- Shielded Multi-use Type-A Container
Watch more about MHF Services below.