EnergySolutions’ Canada Walker Operations (ESWO) facility is located in Brampton, Ontario. The facility is a radioactive waste and materials management facility that safely manages nuclear material. The facility operates under a broad Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) Waste Nuclear Substance License (WNSL).
The 12,000 square meter (130,000 square foot) facility is designed specifically to provide services for reactor tooling storage & refurbishment, as well as low-level radioactive waste management for Canadian Utilities, hospitals & research facilities.
The licensed facility offers unique industry services, which include:
- Design of specialized processing systems and customized licensed areas to eliminate the need for client on-site facilities.
- Cost-effective solutions for radioactive materials management and classification, which includes additional processing and volume reduction capabilities at EnergySolutions facilities located in Tennessee
- Decontamination and free release capabilities
- Temperature controlled, secure storage of radioactive waste, tooling and equipment
- Emergency response support services for large segment of the Canadian nuclear industry
- On-site Certified Brokers and Health Physicists with expertise in requirements of the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), CNSC, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for management and transportation of radioactive materials
- Import/Export authorization for cross-border transport between the U.S. and Canada
U.S. Processing Facilities
EnergySolutions Canada has access to EnergySolutions’ dry active, liquids and metal waste processing facility located in Tennessee at the Bear Creek Processing Facility. Waste accepted at the EnergySolutions Canada Facility is processed through a rigorous screening process, packaged and transported by truck or rail to Bear Creek for processing.
Additional capabilities at the Bear Creek Facility include:
- Sort and Segregation
- Volume reduction up to 200 to 1 through incineration and compaction
- Waste Repackaging
- Metal melting for industry beneficial reuse
- Water Processing
Logistics and Transportation
EnergySolutions Canada manages international transportation needs through EnergySolutions’ subsidiary Hittman Transport Services. Our fleet logs millions of kilometers annually transporting shipping casks, vans and flatbeds through North America. In 35 years of operation Hittman Transport Services has accumulated nearly 250 million miles safely. Hittman Transport Services logs an average of more than 13 million kilometers per year and transports more than 300 radioactive shipments per month.
Hittman Transport offers the following assets and services:
- Largest fleet of tractors and tailors dedicated to the nuclear industry
- Road, rail and water options
- Extensive fleet of reusable IP1 and IP2 ISO containers and tankers
Vik TatheVice President Business Development, Canada Operations
Dan MekonenSales Director, Business Development
PHTS Logistics Inc.Tania Angel-Jackson
14265 Grey Rd 10
RR2 Elmwood, ON
519.363.3111 ext 1