1. EnergySolutions engineers explain the intricacies of building an electric guitar to a class at McLoughlin Middle School. The engineers are planning to donate a finished electric guitar to the school.
2. EnergySolutions scholarship recipient Derrick Neal, is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at Washington State University.
3. Our employees collected donations for poverty-level and low-income families in the community as part of The Giving Tree program, an outreach project of Martha’s Cupboard and Central Church. We pooled resources to fulfill extra requests such as beds, furniture and bikes. Gifts were provided for twenty children and their families.
EnergySolutions in Washington
Located along the Columbia River in southeastern Washington, our EnergySolutions’ Richland Operations are engaged in the nation’s largest environmental clean-up project; commonly referred to as the Hanford Site. Over 190 employees work within our various company divisions and joint ventures including the Government Group, the Global Commercial group, Engineering Systems and Technology projects, Washington River Protection Solutions, business development and other administrative functions. We specialize in engineering and testing services, the design, fabrication, and operation of glovebox and confinement systems, auto samplers, remote handling equipment, material handling systems and small and large scale tank mixing systems.
EnergySolutions is proud to support the Tri-Cities communities in which we live and work. In the past three years, EnergySolutions has donated to over 30 nonprofit organizations in Washington. Some of these nonprofits include Junior Achievement, Tri-City Cancer Center, United Way, and Children’s Reading Foundation. Read contribution guidelines and donation request instructions.
Through EnergySolutions’ employee volunteer program, CommunitySolutions, we participate in numerous activities to give back to the community. Each year, our employees donate their time, talent and financial support to a variety of service projects and community events including serving on local committees, building homes for Habit for Humanity, collecting food for the Second Harvest Food Bank, and providing school supplies and household items to Martha’s Cupboard, a local outreach organization that provides basic necessities to local families in need. Our engineers support academic activities by serving as mentors for the Washington State STEM Education Foundation and Delta High School, as well as serving as judges for Science Bowls.
Our employees contribute many hours toward various nonprofit, commerce and academic organizations to ensure ongoing support of community services and projects in the Tri-Cities, Washington area. We currently have employees serving on the following boards:
• American Nuclear Society Eastern Washington Section Board
• Columbia Industries
• Hanford Engineer’s Week
• Kadlec Regional Medical Center Foundation
• Tri-Cities Regional Chamber of Commerce
• Tri-Cities Cancer Center
• Tri-City Development Council
• United Way
• Washington State STEM Education Foundation
If you live in the Washington area and would like a professional from EnergySolutions to come speak to your organization or students, please contact Joan Moore at (509) 375-9811 or email@example.com.
Contact the Community Relations Manager in Washington:
2345 Stevens Drive, Suite 240
Richland, WA 99352